Activity 5 in Romania
Slanic-Moldova, Romania 4-5.07.2023
Data consulting analyses
The main focus of the event organized in Romania was to unite and analyze the data conclusions of the survey carried out by the 5 partners with citizens in their local communities. Each partner carried out the survey on a sample of 300 citizens (a total of 1500 citizens from the 5 consortium countries).
The activities were implemented in 2 full days (4-5 July 2023), with the following main components:
- Workshops on presentation of survey results in each consortium country. Representatives of each partner presented the results of the survey carried out in their local communities
- The survey has 4 main components:
- Part 1 – The state of citizens’ knowledge and involvement of the citizens in the local
- Part 2 – The state of information and cooperation between citizens and local community
- Part 3 – Key advantages and unicity of the local communities in the European Union diversity context
- Part 4 – Citizens’ state of identity with the European Union values
- Debate on the needs of the citizens. Based on the presentations of the survey, several common needs were identified across the consortium partners, especially in the areas of: i) interaction between citizens and local authorities; ii) incremental need of increase regarding EU matters; iii) transparency and consultations with citizens on key matters of interest.
- Meeting with the citizens and civil society organization in Slanic-Moldova, where an inclusive discussion was carried regarding EU values and citizens’ participation in the life of the communities. Starting point of the discussions were the results of the trans-national survey.
- Tripartite meeting in the form of a round-table, with representatives of the municipalities in the Bacau county (Moldova region) – Targu-Ocna, Moinesti, Slanic-Moldova, Vatra-Dornei.
The purpose of WP5 was to have applied communication between citizens and local authorities regarding the needs identified in the survey and better ways to approach and solutions. This included assessing the local contexts, presentation of the survey results, exchange views and practices.