Think Global, Act Local
EU citizens in the decision-making life of the community.
About the project
Active EUcitizens: Think Global, Act Local is a pilot project that brings together towns and municipalities from 5 EU countries (Romania, Italy, Spain, Greece and Poland), that share the same goal to better involve their citizens in the life of the community, while creating a sustainable strategy for cooperation and exchange of good practices at EU level. The project aims to enhance direct contact between citizens and authorities from the consortium countries, perform exchange of good practices, trans-national brainstorming and consultation process, in order to reinforce the feeling of belonging and awareness to the European family.
Project "Active EUcitizens - Think Global, Act Local" is implemented over an 18-month period, between 1 July 2022 and 31 December 2023 within the framework of the Programme Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values Programme (CERV), Network of Towns. The project is funded by the Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
Active EUcitizens: Think Global, Act local is designed based on the common needs of the consortium partners to better involve its citizens in the decision-making life of the community, as well as to create a sustainable strategy for cooperation and exchange of good practices between the municipalities that joined the consortium:
- The National Association of Balneoclimateric Resorts in Romania (Romania) – consortium leader
- Association of Polish Communes Euroregion Baltic (Poland) – Partner
- Municipality of Mislata (Spain) - Partner
- Municipality of Gambassi Terme (Italy) - Partner
- Municipality of Agii Anargiri-Kamatero (Greece) - Partner
The project is built on the long-term objective for creating a trans-national strategy that concerns an active involvement and participation of the citizens (participative democracy approach), as well as to enhance the European increased visibility in 5 EU countries.
In total there will be 7 Working packages (activities/events within the project).
- W.P.1 - First expert planning meeting (citizens consultations) – organized in Poland
- W.P.2 - Second expert planning meeting (citizens consultations) - organized in Greece
- W.P.3 - Workshop for citizens - organized in Italy
- W.P.4 - Workshop for citizens – organized in Spain
- W.P.5 - Data consultations analysis - organized in Romania
- W.P.6 - Long-term strategy for citizens’ involvement and participative democracy – organized in Poland
- W.P. 7 – Project closing event - organized in Romania